Things to do before you leave UCLA:
- Visit the Commencement website.
- Collect on professors’ promises of letters of recommendation. Even if graduate school isn’t your plan right now, your interests may change later.
- Network as much as you can while you still have a chance. Connections are still the way to go, even after you’ve landed your first job.
- Take a celebratory wade in the Inverted Fountain.
- Enjoy your flexible schedules and late mornings, before the nine-to-five grind becomes a reality.
- Go to Spring Sing in May.
- Contribute to Student Giving. UCLA’s longstanding tradition of giving back begins with you.
Just when you thought you knew it all, the world is about to hit you with new subjects that weren’t covered in any class. Luckily countless alumni have struggled with (and conquered) them before. Below are their recommendations to facilitate an easier transition from senior to recent grad.
- Got Your Degree But No Job?
- Nine Majors, 72 Jobs … Endless Possibilities
- Three Big Lies About Your First Job
- Lies. Poverty and Values: What You Didn’t See Coming
- Ten Ways to Battle Boredom at Work
- Avoid Hidden Bank Fees: Five Easy Ways to Hold Onto Your Money
- Don’t Get Taken For a Ride When Buying a Car
- Saving for the Future 101
Protecting You and Your Stuff
- Renters Insurance: 2 Ways and 3 Reasons to Protect Your Stuff
- Protect Your Most Valuable Asset – Your Privacy